Hi, I am Stella Gooch. I own and operate SMG Virtual PA which is based in the West Norfolk coastal seaside town of Hunstanton.
Finding the ideal work life balance is a typical reason for becoming a Virtual Assistant (VA) for many but some begin their VA career quite by accident and that is what happened to me.
After more than 20 years experience as a PA in London and New York, I ran a guesthouse and restaurant alongside my husband in West Norfolk. Here we raised our two sons who are now teenagers. In 2005 I became involved in raising the profile of West Norfolk tourism and promoting the local community via the village website. My regular blog (which moved over to the CMS known as WordPress in 2009) evolved and attracted web traffic of up to 1.5 million hits per year at its height in 2010. When social media was launched, I got stuck into learning how to use the popular platforms to direct traffic and engage audiences. Soon I was being asked to coach others to blog and how to use Facebook, Twitter and WordPress.
Over time, I reduced my commitment to the community websites as my children gained independence and I then began branching out as a VA. The years spent on building and developing the local sites helped me to develop strong online skills and involved some out-sourcing where necessary.
Eventually I decided that my website and social media skills, coupled with my PA experience, was a basis for a VA business and thus created SMG Virtual PA. I am passionate about sharing my skills and experience to help small to medium businesses grow on many levels. In addition, I enjoy mentoring up and coming Virtual Assistants who would like to create their own VA journey.
All Round PA
- Stella has 20 years plus PA experience at all levels in the corporate world, 12 years website and blogging experience, 8 years social media experience plus 8 years developing and growing a run down pub into a lovely family guesthouse and restaurant.
- Stella has a passion for promoting West Norfolk and has worked in the hospitality/tourism, charity and financial sectors, working with busy entrepreneurs who are time poor.
- Stella also offers personal PA support to individuals who are not comfortable managing their personal affairs, particularly when dealing with the internet and modern technology.
- Stella is an ideal bridge between the busy business owner and technology experts who talk a foreign language and create real confusion.
- Stella empowers clients by helping them to better understand technology and taking control of their on line presence as much or as little as they need.
- Stella draws on 10 years plus experience of website administration, WordPress web admin, regular blogging and social media updates.
- Support from Stella means your business and personal life can embrace and utilise technology so that you can work smarter and not harder!
- Stella is a born organiser, natural co-ordinator and loves to oversee events from start to finish. She understands the importance of attention to the small details – whether it is a high level AGM, a simple seminar or a family event (ie wedding or funeral).
- Organising frantic diaries and keeping up with ever-changing meetings, or busy and regularly changing travel schedules is no problem for Stella.
- Creating structured and streamlined systems right through to full implementation and staff training is second nature to Stella.
- If you are under pressure with no time to deal with things then support from Stella can help you get things straight!
The Next Level
- Stella helps start up businesses move up to the next level (2-3 year mark).
- Stella has been involved in a number of well-funded start up organisations and loves the excitement of setting up new systems.
- She loves to be proactively involved in helping shape the emerging new company.
- Stella understands the importance of teamwork and the dedication needed to push a brand new business forward including, at times, the necessity for long working hours.
- Examples of start ups Stella has been involved in range from oil & gas, banking, hospitality, MLMs, trades and local entrepreneurs.